Accessibility Statement for rishi-tea.com and journal.rishi-tea.com
Rishi Tea & Botanicals is committed to ensuring digital accessibility and equal access for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards to maximize the access of people with disabilities to this website because they are important contributors to the company’s success.
Measures to support accessibility
Rishi Tea & Botanicals has implemented the following measures to ensure and improve accessibility of rishi-tea.com and journal.rishi-tea.com:
- It has included accessibility as part of its mission statement.
- Addressed accessibility in its internal policies.
- Appointed an accessibility officer/ombudsperson.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Rishi-Tea.com is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of rishi-tea.com and journal.rishi-tea.com. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on rishi-tea.com and journal.rishi-tea.com:
- Phone: 414-747-4001
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: 185 S 33rd Ct, Milwaukee WI 53208
- Postal address: 185 S 33rd Ct, Milwaukee WI 53208
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
rishi-tea.com and journal.rishi-tea.com are designed to be compatible with the following technologies:
- Google Chrome
rishi-tea.com and journal.rishi-tea.com are not compatible with:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
Accessibility ofrishi-tea.com and journal.rishi-tea.com relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility ofrishi-tea.com and journal.rishi-tea.com, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of some known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Rishi-Tea.com:
- Main Menu:
- Currently users can not navigate the banner and the global navigation menu, including reaching the Shopping Cart with a keyboard.
- No skip link mechanism is provided to allow screen-reader users to bypass the global menu at the top of each page and the browser focus directly to the main content region of each page.
- No pages on the site appear to use the
mainelement to indicate the main content region.
- We are working with our developer to update the code on the related elements. Call our customer service with questions at 414-747-4001.
- Focus: Some elements are out of the focus order entirely, including “Add to Wish List” on all PDPs, and the “Delete”, “Update”, and “Enter Discount” elements in the shopping cart. We are working with our developer to update the code on the related elements. Call our customer service with questions at 414-747-4001.
- Accordians and Expansion Sections: Expanding Sections on the FAQ page and in the “Enter Discount Code” section of the shopping cart are not identified by screen readers, and do not convey their states.We are working with our developer to update the code on the related elements. Call our customer service with questions at 414-747-4001.
- Recipes PDF on https://journal.rishi-tea.com/tea-recipes/ : PDFs are not tagged as PDFs because the template used to create this page did not have this feature built in.We are working with our developer to update the code on the related elements. Call our customer service with questions at 414-747-4001.
- Headings: Some pages have text that is visually displayed as a heading, but does not have heading markup. For example, on PDPs such as Blueberry Hibiscus, text such as “Description”, “Tasting Notes”, “Ingredients”, “Preparation”, “Caffeine”, “Origin”, and “Related Items” should all have heading markup. We are working with our developer to update the code on the related elements. Call our customer service with questions at 414-747-4001.
Rishi Tea & Botanicals assessed the accessibility of rishi-tea.com and journal.rishi-tea.com by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Rishi Tea & Botanicals
Call our customer service with questions at 414-747-4001 or email us at email@example.com
This statement was updated on April 21, 2021